New Zealand is home to internationally respected and recognised tertiary education providers.
If you want to study in New Zealand you must meet specific rules and requirements to be eligible for a student visa. A student visa allows you to study in New Zealand for a fixed/limited period of time at a specified education provider as a full-time student.
If you are an international, full fee-paying student you may be granted a student visa for which you have paid course fees (up to a maximum of four years). You will also need to meet specific requirements to be eligible for a student visa. The course you intend to study must also meet the requirements of Immigration New Zealand.
What are the requirements?
- You must have an offer of place from a New Zealand education provider
- Confirmation of enrolment from the New Zealand education provider
- Confirmation from the New Zealand education provider that you have paid the course/programme tuition fees in full
- You must meet the health and character requirements
- You must prove to Immigration New Zealand that your intent in studying in the country is genuine
- You must provide evidence of funds which clearly demonstrate that you are able to meet your living costs during your stay in New Zealand
- Proof that you will leave New Zealand when you have completed your course of study, this includes providing evidence of how you will leave New Zealand
- You must have a passport valid for at least three months past the end of your intended stay
How can we help you?
So, you have made the exciting decision to study a formal qualification in New Zealand, but don’t know which education provider offers the best programme for your chosen subject? Or perhaps, you have chosen your course/programme and enrolled at an education provider but need assistance with your student visa application process? We can help you:
- Complete and submit your student visa application
- Find a suitable course/programme with the right education provider
- Put you in touch with accommodation providers
- Put you in touch with international student organisations and communities that can help you settle in to your new ‘home away from home’
- Put you in touch with reliable financial service providers (e.g. banks) and medical providers nearest you
Studying in a foreign country can be a daunting experience – but it doesn’t have to be!
At Silver Fern Immigration, we will make sure that you have all your bases covered.
Call or email us today and find out more about how we can help you study in New Zealand.