VISIT NEW ZEALAND
VISITOR VISA CATEGORY
Thinking about visiting New Zealand?
If you want to explore more or do business in New Zealand you may be required to obtain a visitor visa. If in doubt, contact us.
Under the Visitor Visa Category are a range of visas that allow you to come to New Zealand for a holiday or to visit friends and family. There are also special visitor visas that allow other activities like short term study or some business activities.
It is very important that you apply for and are granted the correct visitor visa before you enter New Zealand.
If you are a citizen of a visa waiver country you do not need to apply for a visa before travelling to New Zealand if:
- they are visiting for 3 months or less
- they are visiting for 6 months or less and are a British citizen.
A visa must be applied for if the travel is for medical consultation or treatment.
Visitor Visa Requirements:
To qualify for a Visitor Visa to New Zealand you must:
- be a bona fide visitor to the country (i.e., you must not be travelling to New Zealand to work or become unlawful).
- be able to show that you are a bona fide visitor with genuine ties and commitments in your home country.
- have sufficient funds to support you (and your family) during your visit.
- meet Immigration New Zealand health and character requirements.
- be able to show your plans to depart New Zealand.
Like all visa applications, Visitor Visa applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Contact us for more information.